Prevention & Response
Prevention & Response of Sexual Assault & Misconduct
What standard will you use to make a decision about whether to retain or discharge your employee?
Redirect is here to consult with companies and organizations on the best ways to identify, interrupt, prevent, and respond to inappropriate behavior like sexual misconduct, sexual harassment, and other employee misconduct.
Our Solution: Rapid Response Investigations
The scope of an investigation should be driven by the behavioral requirements set forth in the code of conduct, or the referral question. Information should be gathered through multiple methods and guided by an understanding of trauma and offending behavior. The behavioral-based conclusion should consider logical alternative explanations and be the best fit—requiring the least inferential leap—to the available data.
Our Specialists understand that the trauma that may result from incidents of sexual harassment, sexual assault, and other misconduct can manifest in a variety of ways. The interview questions and techniques employed should reflect this knowledge and create a respectful, empathic approach that results in an experience that is as comfortable as possible, given the circumstances, and that maximizes the chances of obtaining reliable and relevant information.
In cases of sexual harassment and other forms of misconduct, all people conducting the investigation should be free of personal and financial relationships that might constitute conflicts of interest and thus impair their judgment and impartiality.
How it Works
The Importance of Sexual Assault Prevention and Response
Claims of an unsafe or hostile workplace can lead to lawsuits, executive firings, employee protests, or walkouts. Aggrieved customers, through social media, can target companies that do not respond appropriately, threatening scandal or even the company’s viability.
However, we see this environment as an opportunity. From cases of workplace harassment to sexual assault allegations, organizations that put the right prevention and response systems in place can give employees the freedom to speak up, create a safe work environment, and earn the trust of their staff and customers.
Imagine your employees saying:
- I love working here
- I feel safe working here
- I feel supported by my company
- I can tell my story to someone who understands
Imagine your managers saying:
- I have the confidence to handle crisis situations
- I have a well-documented, behavior-based report to inform my decision-making
- My team trusts me to be fair and impartial
- I am working with a partner in this process I can trust
Do you offer sexual assault prevention and reponse training videos?
For which industries do you provide sexual misconduct prevention and response solutions?
- Massage & Spa – We investigate incidents of alleged misconduct by massage therapists, aestheticians, and other professionals in the massage and spa setting.
- Restaurant & Hospitality – We investigate incidents of alleged misconduct, harassment, and other code of conduct violations in the restaurant, tavern, and hotel industries.
- In-Home Service Providers – We investigate incidents of alleged misconduct by in-home service providers, such as repair professionals, pet sitters, and senior care professionals.
- Rideshare Providers – We investigate incidents of alleged misconduct by rideshare drivers.
- Chiropractic – We investigate incidents of alleged misconduct by chiropractors and other chiropractic staff.
- Physicians & Healthcare – We investigate incidents of alleged misconduct by physicians, nurses, and other healthcare staff.
- Dental & Oral Care – We investigate incidents of alleged misconduct by dentists, dental assistants, and other oral care staff.
- Education – We investigate incidents of alleged misconduct in educational settings.
Can you help us write our own prevention and response policy?
From Our Clients
“As a manager, no matter how hard you try, there is always a personal feeling involved when it’s your team that makes it impossible to stay unbiased.”
From Our Clients
“Everything went well. Redirect even provided a translator. I like the process being in someone else’s hands to help make the decision.”
From Our Clients
“If I get a complaint about someone who is billing 40 hours a week, am I really not going to think to myself, ‘I don’t want to lose this person?’ Probably not. And using Redirect, it is completely unbiased.”
From Our Clients
Owner: “I’ve worked with your company before and you guys are amazing. I really respect your opinion.”
Preventing sexual misconduct in the workplace requires a scientific, trauma-informed, and objective approach combined with the right plan.
What’s Your Plan?
If your organization is serious about addressing and preventing sexual misconduct, Redirect can help.